Osteopathy in Leicester
What is Osteopathy ?
Osteopathy is a non invasive manual medicine that focuses on total body health by treating the musculoskeletal system which includes the joints, muscles and spine. It offers a holistic approach to patient care and therefore Osteopaths do not focus solely on the area of pain but on all systems of the body to provide overall health improvements by positively affecting the circulatory, lymphatic and nervous systems.
How Osteopathy can help
An osteopath can help improve performance as well as treat the injuries being suffered.
By using our expertise we can help to restore structural balance, improve joint mobility and reduce adhesions and soft tissue restrictions so that ease of movement is restored and performance enhanced.
For those of you wishing to keep fit, we can help you keep supple and improve muscle tone so reducing the risk of injury to soft tissues unaccustomed to the extra work they are being asked to do. Advice on diet and exercise which will help you with your specific sport may also be offered.
Things To Remember
- Begin slowly and build up, especially after an injury.
- Warm up first, and then warm down with stretches afterwards.
- Drink plenty of water when exercising.
- Exercise regularly, and try to alternate the types of exercise that you are doing every day.
- Following a joint injury apply ice to the area for 10 minutes, every hour, if practical.
- Apply a bandage to compress the tissues.
Our Osteopath Chris Glover, treats a range of Common Sport Injuries where Osteopathy Can Help including:
- low back pain or stiffness (including sciatica).
- neck and upper back pain or stiffness.
- problems with the upper arm, elbow, fore-arm, wrist and hand.
- problems with the hip, knee, ankle and foot.
- workplace strains.
- sports injuries.
- backache experienced during pregnancy.
- symptoms of chronic conditions (asthma, arthritis).
- stiffness associated with wear and tear.
- effects of trauma (whiplash).
- postural problems and related conditions.
HEAD TO TOE TREATMENTS
Our staff are fully registered and qualified to deal with your needs an we also accept all payment types (excluding American Express), for your treatments and product purchases for your convenience. Please note that we have a cancellation policy of 24 hours and it is important that you are aware that refunds cannot be given if you cancel within a 24 hour period.
At Head to Toe we welcome new clients everyday and we love to see you go home much more relaxed and comfortable.